Types of Funds
This is where we recommend donors direct their contributions because they are unrestricted funds. These funds constitute the core of Osprey’s ability to strengthen our community. These funds are best suited to donors whose goals may include:
- supporting emerging opportunities and addressing issues of importance as they change over time
- giving back to the community rather than supporting a particular organization or cause
supporting a broad range of charitable interests
Field of Interest Funds
This option allows donors to direct grants to a particular area of interest and are best suited to donors whose goals may include:
- addressing issues pertaining to one or more specific charitable causes or making an impact on a particular area of concern in the community
- gaining assurance that if specific charitable organizations serving their current areas of interest change their mission or effectiveness over time, the intended impact will remain unaffected as the causes will still be served
This type of fund allows donors to choose specific charitable organizations that will be perpetual beneficiaries of the annual income generated by their gifts, without the organizations themselves having to bear the burden of endowment management. They are best suited for donors whose goals may include:
- making an enduring gift to one or more charities of their choice
- providing a steady stream of income to organizations
- contributing to several named charities through one single gift
Donors (or an advisory committee named by the donor) have ongoing involvement in how the money in these funds is used.
Scholarships reward hard work, recognize needs and support dreams. Investing in students through a Scholarship or Bursary Fund can demonstrate your own passion for education or celebrate a loved one. When you establish a scholarship or bursary, you define the award criteria according to your own values and priorities.
Geographic Regional Funds
Designated funds established under the Osprey Community Foundation umbrella to serve the needs of neighbouring communities.