Nelson Police Foundation Fund
Donations to this fund generate earnings to support programs and projects of the Nelson Police Foundation.
In 2013, the Nelson Police Board approved the formation of the Nelson Police Foundation the goal of which is to raise funds that will be used for important community and policing initiatives supporting a healthy and productive relationship between the Nelson Police Department and the community it serves. Specialized training and equipment, community education, crime prevention and youth projects that are not typically funded with the annual police budget are financed through the fundraising efforts of the Foundation.
The Fund also generates income for the Nelson Police Foundation Bursary. This bursary is awarded annually to an LVR student with financial need that has an interest in criminal justice or law enforcement.
Some of the other Projects & Programs, the Foundation currently supports:
- Emergency Services Camp – coaching and mentoring our youth
- Mental Health and Wellness programs for First Responders
- Restoration of Heritage Police Car with high school students
Notes About Donations to This Fund
- In order to properly recognize all donors for their contributions, Osprey Community Foundation will share your name and donation amount with the fund advisor/honouree family if applicable, unless you have indicated that you would like to remain anonymous.
- Donations to this fund will support the charity’s general charitable purposes. Statements about the fund’s purpose or how donations will be applied are reflective of the charity’s current intent and are subject to change and the final authority on any distribution rests with Osprey Community Foundation.
- All donations to this fund will be permanently endowed.