Ted Hargreaves Scholarship
Norman Edward Hargreaves (November 4, 1943 – November 3, 2005) was an amateur and professional hockey player, coach and teacher. He played for the bronze-medal winning Canadian men’s hockey team at the 1968 Winter Olympics in Grenoble, France.
Hargreaves played his minor hockey in Foam Lake, Saskatchewan, where he suited up for the senior Foam Lake Flyers. He also played junior hockey for the Melville Millionaires, and professionally for the Winnipeg Jets of the WHA. He finished his career in Nelson, British Columbia, where he played and coached the Nelson Maple Leafs of the Western International Hockey League. He taught high school and was instrumental in developing hockey programs in Nelson.
TED HARGREAVES SCHOLARSHIP
The Ted Hargreaves Fund will award a scholarship to deserving athletes who meet the criteria. These scholarships are awarded to local graduating students who require assistance in meeting the cost of their post-secondary education (University, College, and Vocational School).
- Deadline for applications is: April 30 each year.
- Applications need to be complete.
- The applicant must enroll in a post-secondary institute within 15 months of graduation from high school.
1. Applicant must be a BC Secondary Student athlete in School District 8
a. with preference given to a female hockey player of Nelson Minor Hockey
b. have acted in some capacity in forwarding the female hockey movement (eg coach, referee, manager etc).
2. Applicant must have a minimum C+ average in course work in both Grade 11 &12 and have not attained a failing grade in any course.
3. Applicant must be a Canadian citizen
4. Applicant must be continuing their education at a post-secondary level
within 15 months of high school graduation.
5. Applicants who have already qualified for a full scholarship at a postsecondary institution are ineligible for this scholarship.
Download the application here. Please mail or email completed applications to:
Beth Hargreaves: 1272 Bowron Cres, Prince George BC V2M 4X6
or by email to: eliz63gmail.com