The Operations Assistant of the Osprey Community Foundation is one of two part-time staff members. It is expected that the Assistant will professionally represent the organization and be committed to the vision and values espoused by the Board and Executive Director.
The Assistant will support the work of the Executive Director in ensuring the goals and objectives set by the Board are carried out. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• providing administrative, practical and logistical support to the Executive Director,
• managing well-functioning office operations,
• maintaining accurate financial accounts,
• supporting our granting and community relations programs,
• attending monthly board meetings and producing minutes
• maintaining, and producing material for social media, website, and e-newsletters.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Work week: Flexible within business working hours of Monday to Friday. To be established in accordance with Coordinator’s needs, ED schedule and the needs of the organization.
Work hours: 55 hours per month (average of 13.75 hours per week). Hours may be higher at busy times such as granting season or during organizational audit and, as approved by the Executive Director, lieu time may be accumulated for future use during slower times such as the summer months. Staff may also be asked to attend occasional events, conferences and meetings in the evenings or on the weekend.
Knowledge and Skills:
• strong administrative and organizational skills
• strong financial background
• excellent communications skills, both oral and written
• accustomed to working without supervision
• excellent knowledge of computer software applications including all aspects of Microsoft Office
• highly self-motivated
• exceptional attention to detail
a) Office Management
• manage an efficiently functioning office and perform office operations related to the organization’s activities such as processing mail, maintaining donor and granting records in customer relationship management software system (presently Income Manager), preparing official tax receipts and thank you notes for donors, maintaining files and office procedures manual, light office housekeeping etc.
b) Finance and Bookkeeping
• perform financial administration related to the accounts of the organization, including recording and depositing donations, bank reconciliations, tracking fund balances, calculating annual fund income and administrative fees, building and performing financial queries and reports within Income Manager, preparing fund holder reports, preparing cheques for payment of approved grants and invoices, recording financial transactions related to operational budget, and payroll.
• support annual grant program, including application review, prepare contractual agreements, communications, ensuring compliance with reporting requirements, and act as Foundation liaison to grant recipients.
d) Community Relations and Communications
• coordinate and assist with public awareness, marketing activities and other community events as required and as time permits, including new media content generation and updating existing information available through both electronic and print mediums.
e) Board and Committee
• assist in preparing resources for board and committee meetings, communicating information and documentation as necessary and completing and disseminating meeting minutes.
Remuneration to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience. Applicable taxes and CPP will be deducted. Apart from vacation pay, there are no additional employment benefits associated with this position.
Please send resume and cover letter to Tina Choi, Executive Director: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Wednesday October 9th, 2019
Interviews will be held on the week of October 14th
The anticipated start date is Monday October 23rd
Please note that only those candidates short listed for an interview will be personally contacted. All other applicants will receive a standard email note thanking them for their interest in the position.